Today we spent the day in downtown Wiesbaden. We spent almost 45 minutes looking for parking. In the past year I find the best time to visit, is during the week day. This is because I am banking on everyone being at work so I can find a parking platz with ease and have plenty of space to walk at our leisure.
Apparently the Sternschnuppenmarkt, or the Twinkling Star Christmas Market, is not your unusual festive fair.
It is not the biggest event I have seen downtown but it is worth the effort. Mainly because I do enjoy the Christmas theme and that makes it hard to resist.
As we walked around I took notes for a future evening getaway trip with Honey Bear. What can I say? The ornaments and scarves caught my eye! In addition the soup booth appear to be popular among the locals.
I do know that if it is this busy during the day, the night life would be insane. For the next trip down it would probably be best to walk or take the bus. For now the kids enjoyed their first flammkuchen. Let’s not forget a Weihnachtsmarkt trip is best with a steamy cup of kinderpunsch!
Here are the posts you missed over the last couple of weeks;
- In What Darth Vader really thinks about your excuse, I interview the man who has it all. He reveals the reason for what it takes to conquer the galaxy.
- Who profits from a secret exchange is a post near and dear to my heart. Here I give you some information on how to spot a deal too good to be true. Don’t forget to check out the alternatives at the bottom of the post!
- Exploring Dresden the Winkie Way is where I share the highlights of our trip to Dresden and the Bastei Bridge! It’s also our first trip were we were totally dependent on public transportation as a family.
- I share my experience with a couple of local events in 4 Things about Community Events that Disappoint Me. Tell me if I am wrong for saying something… but I believe community events should be for the community.
- St. Martin’s vision unrealized is where I share a post about things falling apart and then learn to let it go. Sometimes you can’t capture the perfect moment. Sometimes you can. You simply won’t realize it until later.
- Hungry? Unfriend me before you eat my brownie is my take on brownies and Facebook friends. The kind of friends that are crazy enough to eat these brownies. Which one are you?
- We celebrate Neko’s birthday in Happy Birthday Neko! This post is where I share his plea to play M rated games. We had a little bet and we allowed the readers to make the final decision on his game play.
- I share the outcome of the vote in The verdict is in. Here Neko takes a moment to answer a couple of questions for us.
- Later on I share my twisted thoughts on parenting and team work in I bond with my children by holding them hostage. No children were harmed in the making of this post.
- A post that is over a year in the making came to fruition in I want to try something new. I talk about the dangers of giving or getting something for free. Then I tell you how I want to give you free stuff in return for your winks.
- The truth about chestnuts is a throwback wink to why I am not allowed to forage for food. Or it’s a post on how I almost collected life insurance on my husband. I brought back a present from today’s market to remind him how much I love him…
Wait, that is not all!
Returning home, I discovered that my guest post at EatSleepLoveTravel (ESLT) was published! One of the things I love about Vicky and Chris over at ESLT are their regular features of different travel bloggers. I discovered that not only are they avid travelers but Vicky will often share her favorite tea services! Be still my heart! Have I told you that I have a secret desire to make travel plans based on tea shops and libraries? Well, I do!
Can you do me a favor?
I would like them to know I appreciate the honor of being their guest.
Please take a moment to read my interview at Guest Post – Keep On Winking.
Then kindly leave a comment under the post or share with a friend.
See more homeschooling wrap-ups over at WeirdUnsocializedHomeschoolers.com