Mainz Walking Tour-Part Four
The Mainz Walking Tour continues!
I’m not very big on churches.
Usually if you have seen one, you’ve seen them all. As you can see Mainz is a bit of a surprise in that regard. St Stephan was the next church we went to. Here we found the theme of Marc Chagall‘s desire for oneness expressed through the stain glass windows. The scenes of each of the nine windows focus on the shared beliefs of Christians and Jews.
Continue with the Mainz Walking Tour-Part Five.
Walking in Mainz
- Part One-St Augastine Church
- Part Two-Mainzer Dom and Gutenberg Museum
- Part Three-St Christoph’s memorial
- Part Four-(This page) St Stephan and Marc Chagall’s stain glass windows
- Part Five-Zitadelle and Stadthistorisches Museum Mainz
- Part Six-Romisches Theater and Roman Antique Ships Museum